What is E-town?
E-town is a children’s ministry uniquely designed with your child in mind! Kids, currently in kindergarten through fifth grade, experience a safe, fun, and age-appropriate environment where the Bible is taught in creative and relevant ways.
E-town’s commitment to families…
1. We are here to serve your families! We want to guide and equip parents to lead their children to Christ. Each week, we have a
parent cue card that will help parents continue the discussion about the weekly Bible story and bottom line at home.
2. We are here to serve children! We are hard at work each week planning activities with your child in mind. We play games,
make crafts, participate in worship and creatively teach the Bible. Each month, kids will learn about a new virtue and 4 Bible
stories that help them discover who God has created them to be.
- Relationships We desire for each child to experience a saving relationship with Jesus Christ. We also value children’s relationships within a small group setting as they relate to a small group leader and other children within the group. This also gives the kids an opportunity to share prayer requests and discussion about applying the bottom line to everyday life situations.
- Safety We believe that safety is vital as families entrust us with their children each week. Therefore, every child’s name tag is matched to a parent-identification number, every volunteer has an approved federal background check.
- Creative Bible Teaching The Bible is the most amazing book ever written! We strive to bring its stories to life through activities and discussions that keep children engaged. We want all children to fall in love with God’s word and understand how their lives play a part in God’s big story.
- Fun! Kids love fun! We realize that when children have fun at church, they can’t wait to come back. We want kids to have fun learning about Jesus.
3 Main Truths
Everything we teach in E-town points back to one of our 3 main truths. We want every child to know…
1. I need to make the wise choice.
Children will learn to: trust and follow Jesus, spend time getting to know God, do what God says and discover God’s unique plans for their lives.
2. I can trust God no matter what.
Children will learn that: God is their Creator, Father, Guide and Savior!
3. I should treat others the way I want to be treated.
Children will learn to: show God’s love to those around them, care enough to put others first, respect whoever God puts over them, be a
good friend to everyone.
First Time in E-town?
We will meet your family and check your child into our database system. Once your family is checked in, one of our volunteers will be happy to show you the age appropriate environments we have created for your child.
We will ask for the following personal information: family member’s names, children’s names and birth dates, family address, phone number, and any special instructions (allergies, special needs) for your child.
You and your child will be given matching identification tags that are exclusive to your family and your visit. Your child will need to wear the name tag portion of your matching identification tags which bears a code that is matched to your portion during checkout at the end of the service. During checkout, you will return to your child’s room and show your tag in order for your child to be released back to you.
On your way home, be sure pull out your parent Cue Card and ask your child: “Did you have fun?” and “What did you learn today?”
A Special Note
If for some reason your child were to need you during the service, your last name and family identification code would appear on the screens in the auditorium. We would ask that you exit the auditorium immediately and look for a staff member who will direct you to your child’s room.
For more information contact:
Andrea Hayes, Director of E-town
(770) 786-2048 ext. 235