770 786 2048 x 167
I love being the wife of Kei Akiyama and the super blessed mom of our two daughters, Kylie (20) and Connaly (15). I am an extremely grateful Christ-follower ~ AMAZED by His grace ~ who loves Him, His Word, and His folks! God has given me a passion for pointing kids to Jesus, encouraging them in their relationship with Him, and awakening, exciting, and equipping parents in their God-gifted role of nurturing, training, and raising up the next godly generation.
Here are 10 things (in no particular order) to know about me:
1. Charles H. Spurgeon did not hang the moon, but he is my most favorite theologian.
2. I'm an animal fan - particularly dogs (we have four...); big, small, fuzzy, slick, I like 'em all... I'm pretty sure they fall in the "good and perfect gift" category!
3. I love to read - historical fiction, theological musings, mysteries, children's books, historical markers, cereal boxes...
4. My favorite food group is Good Pizza.
5. My favorite Books of the Bible (today, anyway) are Genesis, Job, Hosea, John, Romans, and Hebrews (but the other 60 are fantastic as well!)
6. No matter how many times I see it, the movie Elf still cracks me up.
7. I’m super picky about my music. It has to have good thoughtful lyrics and a good sound; both - not and/or. I love to listen to Andrew Peterson, Caedmon’s Call, Drew and Ellie Holcomb, Sandra McCracken, and of course Scott England!
8. I am officially a techno-ding-dong...one day I will figure out the Facebook...
9. I'm a night owl; not really a morning person, but I try hard, and coffee helps. :)
10. Every person is created in the Image of God and should be treated as such. Sin twists, deforms, and taints, but the Love of Christ changes, heals, and makes new. I want to be used to share that kind of love.